Monday, September 5, 2011

Man this labor day is cold.

I woke up this morning and the sun had failed to warm the day, Labor day and its not much above 50 degrees here in Central Ohio! I must admit I never bought into this global cooling stuff and here it is making me wish I had paid more attention. Just last year I took the family out and pulled them around the lake on a tube tied to my boat, it was at least 90 degrees out, this year with the global cooling its way too cold to get on the lake, let alone in the water!

Just last week it was 101 degrees and bam, this global cooling sets in and its half that temperature now. Talk about a contrast, from bright sun to cool and cloudy overnight. I have tried my best to fight global cooling, I use as much petroleum based fuels as possible, I drive a diesel truck as often as I can and we leave the lights on to help use as much coal as possible and still global cooling rises its ugly head. I was listening to the weather radio and it said the record high for today 102 back in 1954 so if thats not proof enough for you global cooling doubters i dont know what it would take to convince you, maybe someone could skew the data and that would do it.

Global cooling aside, the football season is coming up and soon it will be time to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers dominate the AFC again. Yeah there are those other teams ? such as the New English Pattycakes and the Indianapolis Lil' ponies and the Cleveland Brownstains but who cares about them anyway? Pittsburgh will rule this year, thats my story and I am sticking too it.

ed

No comments:

Post a Comment